That was long!

Sunday, 1:45pm... I just submitted my research article and figures.  Once again, I wanted to finish early so that I could get started on 7.06 studying for Wednesday.  Unlike last time, I didn't get to use this long weekend for exciting travels, but at least Thanksgiving is coming up.

For me, the strangest part of this assignment was that I effortlessly reached the page maximum.  I definitely poured many hours into this assignment, but I never felt that usual feeling of trying to think of things to write to fill the pages.  Rather, I had so much I wanted to say.  I could have kept going and filled many more pages.

This was very unusual for me.  When I was younger, I used to love reading and writing. But when senior year of high school came around, I really became sick of it.  Writing my senior paper on a topic I was not interested in, typing endless responses to supplemental college essays, and struggling to fill pages with words about boring books in AP English really wore me out.  At MIT, I haven't done much writing.  I took a CI-H about the history of treating cancer, but the essay topics were not interesting to me. My other CI-H was about American theater, which really did not pertain to my passions.  I think this was the first writing assignment I have completed in many years about something that I am actually excited about. 

Overall, I expected this assignment to be a huge challenge for me because I thought that MIT had removed any remnants of writing ability and enthusiasm that I once had.  However, this was far from the case.  Writing about exciting advances in science and analyzing my own results was very cool for me.  I now feel ready to take on more writing in the future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey! That actually wasn't half bad

Second time is not the charm, and I'm bad at math